jueves, 28 de enero de 2016

WEEK 3 GRADE 8

WEEKEND ACTIVITIES

WAS/WERE

*This is a simple way to talk about what you did the last weekend, by using verb to be in past.
TO BE PAST

                                                                            I WAS
YOU WERE
HE WAS
SHE WAS
WE WERE
IT WAS
                                                                   THEY WERE

EXAMPLE:
 
 
3-Juanita was at the pool
ACTIVITY
*Practice: Enter this website and practice what you learnt in class.

 GONE IN 30 SECONDS
This week the students will play this interesting board game, so make sure to bring a dice and a token.
 


Sick on Saturday
(Weekend activities)

sick

I have just had a terrible weekend! On Saturday I was so tired that I slept all morning. When I woke up I had a head ache and my throat was sore. My body ached all over. My nose ran and I coughed a lot. My mother took my temperature but I did not have a fever.
My mother made me some soup for lunch and I ate it in bed. I drank some juice. I tried to read a book but I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I lay in bed all afternoon. I drifted in and out of sleep. I drank more juice. I felt miserable all afternoon. I didn’t want to do anything.
I got out of bed at dinner time. My parents ordered pizza for dinner and I was able to eat some of it. I drank more juice! I felt a bit better after dinner so I stayed up. I snuggled under a blanket on the couch and watched some TV with my parents. I felt asleep in front of the TV.
The next morning I felt better but now my mother had a cold! She looked miserable. It was her turn to be sick. 

Vocabulary help:
ache (verb) - hurts, is painful
asleep (adjective) - to be sleeping
couch (noun) - furniture to sit on
drifted (verb) past tense of to drift - to move slowly
drifted in and out of sleep - when you are not really awake but not really asleep either
miserable (adjective) - sad, unhappy, unpleasant
snuggled (verb) past tense of to snuggle - to move into a warm, comfortable position
terrible (adjective) - very bad,
woke up (verb) past tense of wake up - to stop sleeping

1. The boy was sick on Saturday. Yes or no?
2. On Sunday his father was sick. Yes or no?
3. He had a fever on Saturday. Yes or no?
4. He ate dinner in bed on Saturday. Yes or no?

DO YOU REMEMBER

Learners will work in groups asking , and solving questions.




 


 





 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario